Arreton in the Isle of Wight was one of the medieval parishes on the Island, extending to, and including part of, modern day Wootton and Binstead in the north, Newchurch to the east, Godshill in the south and Whippingham, Gatcombe and Carisbrooke to the west. In 1894 the Parish was divided into North and South Arreton; the dividing line being the road on the top of Arreton Down. In 1898 part of South Arreton was transferred to Godhills Parish, and part of Godshill be subsumed into South Arreton.
There were railway stations in the Parish (Horringford on the Sandown/Newport railway - and Merston Junction and Blackwater on the Sandown & Ventnor West railways to Newport).
Today the Arreton Civil Parish includes Arreton village, Merstone, Blackwater, Horringford, Hale Common, Budbridge, Newport Golf Club and much of the land between Long Lane and Blackwater Road.
Pages in category ‘Arreton’
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.