Scala/Plaza Cinema, Ryde
The Scala Cinema, in the High Street, was opened in 1921. In 1965 it was sold and renamed the Plaza Cinema.
9 May 1959 Programme
The Plaza Cinema closed in 1973 and the premises were re-opened as a Star Bingo Club.
The Bingo Club closed when one was opened in the nearby Commodore Cinema complex.
The building was demolished and a supermarket built on the site.
See also: Cinemas
- RydeAnother resource: Cinema Treasures(By : last updated - 27 Jul 2019)
© Copyright 2016-2021 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.