Playhouse Cinema, Shanklin
The Playhouse Cinema, in Palmerston Road open in 1920. By the late 1930's it was owned by the same company that owned the nearby Regal Cinema.
It closed during most of WW2, and then only opened during summer months until it closed as a cinema in the 1960's, when it was converted to a Bingo Club.
The Bingo Club closed in 1995. The property was demolished in 2010 and the site developed as housing.
See also: Shanklin
- CinemasAnother resource: (By : last updated - 23 Jul 2019)
© Copyright 2016-2021 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.