Gaiety Cinema, Ventnor
The Gaiety Cinema was built in Grove Road Ventnor in 1924 by local builder Tom Brading.
It closed during WW2 but reopened in 1941 when the nearby Rex cinema was severely damaged due to enemy bombing. In finally closed in 1946 when the Rex Cinema reopened.
The building was later converted to the local Freemasons Hall.
See also: Cinemas
- Masonic HallsAnother resource: Cinema Treasures(By : last updated - 31 Aug 2019)
© Copyright 2016-2021 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.