This is a list of railway locomotives used on the main island railway - it is not complete, only those which I have come across:
- LB&SCR A1 Class 0-6-0T:
- W9 - - 1899 - 1927 - scrapped
- W10 Cowes - 1900 - 1936 - scrapped
- W8 Freshwater - 1913 to 1949 - IW Steam Railway
- W11 Newport - 1902 to 1947 - IW Steam Railway
- W12 Ventnor - 1903 - 1935 - scrapped
Later the island railways used LSWR O2 Class 0-4-4T locomotives until the railways were electrified - see Wikipedia for a list of these locomotives.