Gaiety Cinema, Ventnor

From Wightpedia

The Gaiety Cinema was built in Grove Road, Ventnor, Isle of Wight in 1924 by local builder Tom Brading.

In 1936 it was operated by Isle of Wight Theatres, Ltd[1].

The cinema closed at the start of WW2 but reopened in 1941 when the nearby Rex cinema was severely damaged due to enemy bombing. In finally closed in 1946 when the Rex Cinema reopened.

The building was later converted to the local Freemasons Hall.

Further information:

  1. Isle of Wight County Press - 7 March 1936