St Helens old church
The original ancient church of St Helen's had been built by the side of the sea and by the early 1700's was in so bad a state of repair that it was abandoned and a new church built some mile inland.
The old church was allowed to go to ruin, the 13th century western tower only being left standing. About the same time the tower was reinforced by brickwork and now forms a seamark. The St Helen's Old Church Tower is now Grade II listed.