Shedden Esplanade, East Cowes
The Shedden Esplanade is the East Cowes sea front from the bottom of Cambridge Road eastwards. It was built by direct labour in the early 1920's for the relief of local unemployment.
It was presented to the town by G. Shedden esq. J.P., on land funded by Sam Saunders and it was opened by the Rt. Hon. J. E. B. Seely, M.P. on 7th June 1924. A plaque on a brick pillar records the opening.