Parkhurst Military Cemetery
The Parkhurst Military Cemetery on Forest Road, Newport, Isle of Wight was established in the 1840's to serve Parkhurst Barracks, it replaced an older military cemetery off of Horsebridge Hill which has since been developed with modern housing.
The cemetery served the families and servicemen of the Parkhurst Barracks (later Albany Barracks) and the Military Hospital.
The cemetery includes a 'Cross of Sacrifice', a number of Commonwealth War Grave Commission burial from WW1 and WW2, and Servicemen from other conflicts.
During WW2 a number of Germany servicemen (mainly crashed aircrew) were buried in the cemetery; their bodies were later exhumed and re-interred at the Cannock Chase German Military Cemetery.
After the closure of the barracks in the early 1960's, the cemetery ceased to be used for new interment, it is now maintained by the Commonwealth War Grave Commission.