King's Road Chapel, Bembridge

From Wightpedia
Kings Road Chapel, Bembridge, Isle of Wight
King's Road Chapel, Bembridge

The Chapel on King's Road, Bembridge was built in 1844 by the Wesleyan Methodists to replace an earlier, smaller chapel. A larger Wesleyan Methodist church was built in Foreland Road in 1934 and the King's Road chapel closed.

In 1934 the chapel was acquired by the local Roman Catholics and was dedicated to St Michael the Archangel. By 1965 the congregation had grown so that the chapel was inadequate and a new Roman Catholic Church was built in Walls Road.

After 1965, the chapel became a private residence.