Isle of Wight (Sandown) Airport

From Wightpedia

The Sandown Airport was opened as Lea Farm Airport in 1935, replacing a airfield between Ninham and Landguard Manor which had operated for a short period following the closing of Shanklin Airport at Apse Manor Farm.

Having closed during WW2, the airfield reopened as the Isle of Wight Airport.

By the early 1970's, operations had declined and the airfield closed. Following a change of landowner in 1976, the new owners re-opened the airfield.