Freshwater and Yarmouth Water Company
The Freshwater and Yarmouth Water Company was established by an order in 1887 and supplied the parishes of Freshwater, part of Shalfleet, part of Thorley, part of Totland and the IW RD part of Yarmouth.
Sources were a spring at Freshwater Gate and a well at Shalcombe, with reservoirs at Shalcombe and Afton Down above Freswater.
In 1924 the Freshwater and Yarmouth Water Company, Ltd was purchased by the IW Rural District Council.
In 1951 the Isle of Wight Water Board took over responsibilities.
- Return as to Water Undertakings in England and Wales - 28 July 1914