Broadlands House, Staplers
Broadlands House, Staplers was originally built in the early 19th centenary as a Lace making factory owned by William Henry Nunn.
Mr Nunn decided to retire circa 1870 and closed the factory which was a significant blow to employment in the area. On the death of Mr Nunn in 1876, the factory, which still housed the lace making machinery, passed to his daughter, Mrs Harvey. She sold off the machinery and converted the building to a training school for female domestic servants and later, a retirement home for single gentlewomen.
Post WW2, Broadlands House has housed various government offices, today (2019), it houses the local offices of jobcentreplus.