Ventnor Gas and Water Co. pumping station
Ventnor Gas and Water Co. Pumping Station
Dated 1883 and by architect J.G.Livesay, the Ventnor Gas and Water Company pumping station is on Ocean View Road/Mitchell Avenue, alongside the old Terminus Hotel.
The Ventnor Gas and Water Company was established in 1866; Ventnor Urban District Council acquired the water undertaking in 1931. In the following year, 1932, the gas undertaking was acquired by the Shanklin Gas Company (later East Wight Gas Company).
See also: Ventnor
- Water Supply(By Admin: last updated - 2 Oct 2020)
© Copyright 2016-2021 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.