Totland Water Company
Totland Water Works
The Totland Water Company was established by aby the Totland Waterworks Act, 1890 and supplied part of Totland Parish (the Freshwater and Yarmouth Water Company supplied another part of the parish.)
Source was surface water from Headon Beds on Headon Hill.
In 1926 the Totland Water Company was purchased by the IW Rural District Council.
In 1951 the Isle of Wight Water Board took over responsibilities.
See also: Water Supply
source: Return as to Water Undertakings in England and Wales - 28 July 1914(By Admin: last updated - 21 Feb 2021)
© Copyright 2016-2021 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.