Ryde Telephone System
In the late 1890's, the National Telephone Co. Ltd had a manual exchange and call office at 38 Union Street.
In January 1936 an automatic Telephone Exchange opened on the corner of Spencer Road/St. James Street to serve 769 subscribers. It replaced the manual switchboard.
See also: Ryde
- Telephone System(By Admin: last updated - 14 Jul 2020)
© Copyright 2016-2021 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.