Rural District water supply
In 1914, the I.W. District Council supplied water to parts of parishes of
(1) Bembridge - from springs at Home Farm and White Oak, 2 reservoirs.
(2) Brading - springs at Carpenters
(3) Brighstone and Mottistone - from spring at Buddle Hole (north of Brighstone), reservoirs at Brighstone,
(4) Calbourne, Rural - from springs, 2 reservoir,
(5) Chale - from springs on Chale Farm, reservoirs.
(6) Niton, St. Lawrence, and Whitwell - from springsat Old Park, Whitwell and Bierley, 2 reservoirs at Niton, 1 reservoir at Whitwell,
(7) Shalfleet and Thorley - from springs at Shalcombe, reservoir at Shalfleet,
(8) Wroxall (Isle of Wight R.D.) - from springs at Wroxall, reservoir at Shalfleet.
In 1925 the Rural District took over the Totland Water Company.
In 1951 the Isle of Wight Water Board took over the responsibilities.
See also: Water Supply
source: Return as to Water Undertakings in England and Wales - 28 July 1914(By Admin: last updated - 10 Mar 2021)
© Copyright 2016-2021 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.