Rex Cinema, Ventnor
The Art Deco Rex Cinema was built in Church Street Ventnor in 1938 with the main auditorium below the cliff.
It was severely damaged by enemy action in 1941 and closed; following repairs it was reopened in 1946.
9 May 1959 Programme
It closed as a cinema in 1980 and was used for various attractions until a fire destroyed it in 1993.
The ruins were finally demolished in 2001 and the site developed as apartments (Kingsview) with a restaurant and bar at street level.
See also: Cinemas
- VentnorAnother resource: Cinema Treasures(By : last updated - 27 Jul 2019)
© Copyright 2016-2021 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.