Grand (The) Cinema, Newport
The Grand Cinema, on the corner of Lugley Street Mill Street was a live theatre before opening as a cinema in December 1948 as part of IW Theatres, Ltd. It was fairly small with a flat auditorium.
9 May 1959 Programme
It closed in 1962 and was for many years used as a furniture warehouse.
The building was demolished in 2015 and a Travelodge built on the site.
See also: Cinemas
- NewportAnother resource: Cinema Treasures(By : last updated - 1 Sep 2020)
© Copyright 2016-2021 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.