Coppins Brevery advert 1878
1878, IW Observer records Coppins Brewery, Lower High Street, Newport as being established 50 years and under the ownership of Swathridge & Wearn (late W. Hayles).
In 1897 the licence was transferred from Emma Swatheridge to Frank Saunders.
1901, Mr. F. Saunders of the Coppins Brewery was records as being in the occupation of the "Old Emberley Brewery", Freshwater - but the application for a licence was refused (PEN).
In 1902, Frank Saunders acquired the assets of the Shanklin Brewery.
The Coppins Brewery became bankrupt in 1912.
See also: Breweries
- Newport(By : last updated - 31 Mar 2019)
© Copyright 2016-2021 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.