Commodore Cinema, Ryde
The Commodore Cinema, on Star Street, opened in 1936 and was the largest cinema on the island.
9 May 1959 Programme
In the 1960's it was split into a bingo club and a 3 screen cinema, in 1987 the 3 screens closed leaving just the bingo club.
In 1997 the cinema reopened under new ownership and it continues (2019) to offer 3 screens and bingo.
See also: Cinemas
- RydeAnother resource: Cinema Treasures(By : last updated - 31 Aug 2019)
© Copyright 2016-2021 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.