Blue Jenny Charity School, Newport
Blue Jenny Charity School - Newport
The Blue Jenny Charity School in Crocker Street Newport, was founded in 1761 'for the instruction of poor girls whose parents could not afford to educate them.'
Originally it was in Lugley Street and moved to Crocker Street in 1877.
The school closed circa 1902/3.
The premises were purchased by the Newport District Nursing Association as a War Memorial Home as a memorial to those who fell in the 1914-18 war.
See also: Newport
- Schools(By Admin)
© Copyright 2016-2021 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.