Appley Park, Ryde
Appley Park was the gardens of Appley Towers estate which had been created in the mid 19th century on land acquired from the St John's Estate
The main house of Appley Tower was demolished in the 1950's.
The parkland was acquired by the Ryde Borough Council after WW2 and opened as a public park.
Over the years various attractions have be sited in the park, including at various times a children's zoo and a golf course.
See also: Ryde
- Appley Tower
- Zoos(By Admin)
© Copyright 2016-2019 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.