Lady Harvey's Alms House, Orchard Street
The Hampshire Advertiser newspaper of 1st August 1874 records:
A COTTAGE HOME FOR POOR WIDOWS. - Captain and Mrs. Harvey, of Broadlands, have had a house in Orchard-street fitted up as comfortable quarters for three aged widows.
The 1904 and 1908 Kelly's Street Directory for Newport show at 52 Orchard Street, Lady Harvey's Alms House.
Also appears in Kelly's Directory for 1900, occupied by John E Lockhard and listed as 51 Orchard Street (thanks to Jan Toms).
See also: Almshouses
- Newport(By Admin: last updated - 20 Mar 2019)
© Copyright 2016-2019 wightpedia.org.uk - All rights reserved.