A lifeboat funded by the government is recorded as being in place at Brook in 1851, however it was only in 1860 that the RNLI built a boathouse and supplied a 30ft Peake lifeboat. As with the Brighstone station, there was a track-way down to the beach and horses from a local farm would be used to move the lifeboat on its carriage from the boathouse to the beach.
In 1888, the 2nd Coxswain lost his life when the Brook Lifeboat 'William Slaney Lewis' was washed back onto the beach while attempting to launch to reach the wreak of the 'Sirenia'.
In 1933 the last launch of a lifeboat using horses to pull the carriage was recorded at Brook by British Pathe News.
Brook Lifeboat station closed in 1937.